What are your School Hours?

School doors open at 7:45 a.m. Classes begin at 8:00 and students are dismissed at 3:00 p.m. Our school schedule allows for approximately 6 1/2 hours of instruction each day with a 40 minute lunch/recess period.

School doors open at 7:45 AM

Classes begin at 8:00 AM

Preschool Dismissal at 2:50 PM

Students are dismissed at 3:00 PM

Do you have a Before & After School Program?

The St. Matthew Parish School Before and After School program provides professional care, supervision, recreation and enrichment activities for your child. It serves the working parent who desires both a Catholic education and supplementary before and after school care in a Christian environment.

The program is open only to students enrolled at St. Matthew Parish School in Preschool through Grade 8. Before Care opens at 6:30 am and After Care is open until 6:00 pm. Activities are to complement the philosophy of our school, including arts and crafts project, recreation, and snack time. We head outside to play as often as we can – weather permitting. In addition, there is time set aside for homework completion each day.

Our goal is to provide individual attention, careful supervision, security and consistent care for the children of working parents. An experienced Coordinator and at least three assistants staff the program.

The 2023-2024 program fees: An annual registration fee of $30.00 per family plus a daily charge $15 per child for After Care. Late pick up [after 6pm] is charged at $1 per minute per child. If you are able to pick-up your child by 3:30pm, the charge is $5. Before Care is a flat fee of $5.

Do the St Matthew students wear uniforms and how do I purchase them? 

Yes!  Our students wear both a daily uniform and a gym uniform.  The vendor is Dennis Uniform and additional details can be found here:  https://stmatthewschool.org/parents/uniforms/

When do the students attend Mass? 

Our SMPS students attend Mass on Wednesdays during the school year.  Including any holy days of obligation.  Students participate in the liturgy through performing the lector role, acting as altar servers, reading petitions, bringing up the gifts and other responsibilities.  We also hold prayer services and other celebrations of our faith throughout the year and during Lent and Advent.  In addition, we have a monthly ‘Pack the Pews’ family Mass that we encourage our school families to attend.

Do you use technology in school?  

Yes!  We are 1:1 in grades K-8 with Chromebooks, and our preschoolers attend a ‘tech class’ to become more familiar.  We have SmartBoards in our classrooms for interactivity and video display.  Google Classroom is leveraged to provide an online structure for assignments and collection of materials.  And SchoolSpeak is our platform for communication with parents and grade posting.

Are parents able to get involved? 

YES!  We love having our parents around and engaged in the school. Volunteer opportunities are available during the school day and nights/weekends.  For example, our sports program needs coaches and gym supervision.  In addition, we offer two board opportunities for individuals who wish to organize and assist with direction.  Additional details can be found here:  https://stmatthewschool.org/parents/ways-to-get-involved-school-board-and-parent-organization/

How do I pay tuition?  Do you offer payment plans?

Tuition is paid via the FACTS system and yes, it can be paid in one payment or multiple payments via credit cards or your bank account.  Information about how you wish to pay your tuition is completed during the enrollment process.  Additional information on FACTS can be found here:  https://factsmgt.com/

SMPS Manna Program

St Matthew offers families an opportunity to save money on tuition and help our school? Purchase gift cards (through the school – called the Manna program) to pay for everyday expenses, such as: groceries, dining out, gas, entertainment, clothing, home improvements, etc.! Each purchase generates a rebate; 25% of the rebate is kept by the school for expenses/fundraising, the other 75% will be applied to tuition (once a month) as a credit. Order gift cards as needed; once a day, week, month or year. There is no limit on credits applied to tuition (some families save almost $500 per year). Email manna@stmatthewschool.org for more details . Additional info in the attached document.

Do you have a lunch program? We have both School Lunches and Fun Lunches. School Lunch menu is below. Fun Lunches are arranged by the Parent Organization and use local restaurants.

Translate »